Dalbrack is a most attractive, traditional Edwardian house built in 1905, located within the small conservation area of Ballater and sleeping up to 8 guests. It has stunning uninterrupted views over Ballater Golf Course towards the hills and mountains of the Balmoral Estate (top picture). The first tee of the golf course is on the doorstep and the tennis courts are next door. There is also a very enjoyable circular river walk starting outside the house. The spacious and very comfortable accommodation is bright and sunny and has been fully equipped with everything you might need for an enjoyable holiday. Dalbrack is also only 3-4 minutes walk from the village main street which has an excellent butcher, deli and fruit shop.There is also a traditional scottish food and whisky shop, bakery, large supermarket, gift shops, galleries, fishing and field sporting shop ,mountain sports shop, fashion shops, cafes and restaurants. Fresh fish is sold twice a week from a fish van in the main square next to the church.
There is plenty of free parking outside the house.
The accommodation is centrally heated and there is a woodburning stove in the sitting room (logs included).
- An attractive sun porch with chairs - ideal for relaxing, enjoying the view, watching the golfers tee off and the ice curlers in the winter (top picture strip on this page ).
- Spacious well appointed king size room with new luxurious ensuite shower room (available as an extra) with golf course view.
- Large living room with bay window, wood burning stove, comfortable sofas, fantastic views, Digital Flatscreen TV and DVD player. There is a good selection of books, DVD's and board games. Free Wireless broadband.
French doors leading onto –
- A large modern open plan kitchen dining room. The table can comfortably seat up to 8 people.
- The kitchen is very well equipped with microwave, double oven,ceramic hob, dishwasher, American fridge freezer, electric mixer, blender and other appliances. There is a wall mounted TV. We also supply all kitchen disposibles and even cookbooks for the keen cook!
- Utility room, equipped with washing machine, tumble dryer, sink and clothes pulley for all the outdoor equipment.
- Cloakroom with loo.
- Cloakroom with loo.
- Two large sunny twin bedrooms with outstanding views and lots of cupboard space.
- King size bedroom.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, wash hand basin and WC.
All electricity, heating costs, logs for the stove, wireless broadband, bed linen, towels and tea towels as well as many kitchen essentials are included.
Travel cot and high chair available at no extra cost if required. (Please bring own cot bedding).
The house has a delightful stone paved area to the front with heather and rhododendron borders. There are garden benches so you can relax, enjoy the view with a coffee or a glass of wine (the top picture on this page) and the sun for most of the day. To the rear is an enclosed sheltered garden with a lawn and patio, table and chairs.
We regret that no dogs or other pets can be accommodated at Dalbrack.
" A fantastic place to stay with great views across the golf course to the mountains beyond. Really enjoyed our stay, warm, well equipped, homely, plenty to see and do. See you again."( Visitors from UK )
"Many thanks for sharing your beautiful home - a restful and peaceful place. We have travelled many miles to reach this jewel in the heather - a lovely home in a lovely part of the world" (Visitors from Australia)